Terms and Conditions of Licence to Store Goods
1.1. These terms and conditions explain the rights, obligations and responsibilities of all parties to this Agreement. In these terms and conditions, the following words have the following meanings:-
|Access Hours||the hours We permit access to the Unit|
these terms and conditions and the
information set out in the cover sheet
|Due Date||The payment date specified in each of our invoices|
|End Date||the date of termination of this Agreement in accordance with Condition 23|
|The Goods||anything You store in the Unit at any time during this Agreement|
physical loss of or damage to Goods caused by fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft or articles dropped from them, storm, flood, bursting and/or leaking pipes, ingress of water or other liquid substance, moth, insect or vermin, theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry to or exit from the building or
Unit, riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage, and impact by vehicles of any kind
|Notice Days||14 days|
|Our Fees||the amount specified in Our invoice for each period plus VAT|
In respect of payment of each and every sum due underthisAgreement,and in respectof any sum being due under any other agreement between You and Us, payment upon
presentation of invoice
|Site||the premises on which the Unit is situated|
|Start Date||the date specified in the cover sheet|
the storage unit specified in the cover sheet or any alternative storage unit We may specify
under Condition 10
|We, Us, Our||the storage provider named in the cover sheet|
|You, Your||the customer named in the cover sheet|
1.2. Please note that all Unit sizes are approximate and We accept no responsibility for their accuracy. In agreeing to Our Fees You accept these apply to the Unit You use and not any Unit represented.
2. So long as Our Fees are paid up to date, We license You but no other person:-
2.1. to use the Unit for the storage of Goods in the Unit in accordance with this Agreement from the Start Date until the End Date; and
2.2. to have supervised access to the Unit at any time during the Access Hours only for the purposes of depositing, removing, substituting or inspecting the Goods and Your regular inspection of the Unit for damage or unsuitability for the Goods. No supervised access to the Unit will be permitted for any other purposes or outside Access Hours unless previously agreed in writing by Us. We will try to provide advance warning of changes in Access Hours by notices on Site, but We reserve the right to change Access Hours to other reasonable access times at any time without giving any prior notice.
3. Only You and persons authorised in writing or accompanied by You will be allowed to have supervised access to the Unit. Any such person is Your agent for whose actions You are responsible and liable to Us and to other users of units on the Site. You may withdraw any authorisation at any time but the withdrawal will not be effective until We receive it in writing. We may ask for proof of identity from You or any other person at any time (although We are not obliged by this Agreement or otherwise to do so) and We may refuse supervised access to any person (including You) who is unable to provide satisfactory proof of identity. We may refuse You or Your agents supervised access at any time if We consider in Our sole discretion that the safety of any person on the Site, or the security of the Unit or its contents, or other units or their contents, will be put at risk.
4. You will permit Us and Our agents and contractors to enter the Unit in the following circumstances:-
4.1. if We give You not less than seven days’ notice so that We may inspect the Unit or carry out repairs, maintenance and alterations to it or any other unit or part of the Site;
4.2. at any time without notifying You:-
4.2.1. if We reasonably believe that the Unit contains any items described in Condition 7 or is being used in breach ofCondition 8;
4.2.2. if We are required to do so by the Police, Fire Services, Trading Standards, HM Revenue & Customs, Local Authority or any other government or statutory authority or by a Court Order;
4.2.3. for any purpose including that in Condition 4.1, if We believe it is necessary in an emergency;
4.2.4. to obtain access in accordance with Condition 10;
4.2.5. to obtain access in accordance with Our powers under Condition 16;
4.2.6. to prevent injury or damage to persons or property; or
4.2.7. for the purpose of ascertaining whether the Unit contains any items described in Condition 7 or if We reasonably consider that such entry is necessary to ascertain whether action needs to be taken to prevent injury or damage to persons or property.
5. You confirm and warrant to Us that throughout this Agreement, the Goods in the Unit from time to time are Your own property or that the person who owns or has an interest in them has given You irrevocable authority to store the Goods in the Unit on the terms and conditions in this Agreement and that You act as a duly authorised agent of any such person. If this is not true You will be liable for and will pay to Us in full the amount of any costs, expenses, loss or damage which We incur or which We suffer as a result of claims made against Us including but not limited to any reasonably incurred legal fees and any costs or claims arising from any step or action taken by any person who owns or has an interest in the Goods.
6. We may refuse to permit You to store any Goods or require You to collect any Goods from the Unit if in Our opinion the safety of any person on the Site, or the security of the Unit or its contents, or other units or their contents, would be put at risk by the storage or continued storage of any such Goods.
7. You must not store or move (and You must not allow any other person to store or move) any of the following in the Unit:-
7.1. food or perishable goods;
7.2. furs exceeding £100 in value, jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, stamps, coins or goods or collections of any similar kind;
7.3. plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination;
7.4. perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment;
7.5. birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures;
7.6. combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents;
7.7. firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition;
7.8. chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents;
7.9. toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature;
7.10. any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour;
7.11. any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained, including counterfeit goods, illicit (smuggled/counterfeit) tobacco, illicit alcohol, unlicensed medicines, unsafe goods (including toys, electrical items, cosmetics, fireworks);
7.12. compressed gases.
8. You must not (and You must not allow any other person to):-
8.1. use the Unit or do anything on the Site or in the Unit which may be a nuisance to Us or the users of any other unit or any person on the Site;
8.2. do anything on the Site or in the Unit which may invalidate any of Our insurance policies or those of other unit users or increase the premiums payable on them;
8.3. use the Unit as offices or living accommodation or as a home or business address and not use the address of the Site or the Unit for receiving or sending mail;
8.4. spray paint or do any mechanical work of any kind in the Unit;
8.5. attach anything to the internal or external surfaces of the Unit or make any alteration to the Unit;
8.6. allow any liquid, substance, smell or odour to escape from the Unit or any noise to be audible or vibration to be felt outside the Unit;
8.7. cause any damage to the Unit or any other unit or the Site or its facilities or to the property of Us or any other unit users or other persons on the Site and if You cause any damage You must (at Our option) repair, restore or replace such damage or item or reimburse the costs of making necessary repairs, restoration or replacement or make proper compensation;
8.8. leave anything in or cause any obstruction or undue hindrance in any passageway, stairway, service area or other part of the Site and You must at all times exercise courtesy to others and reasonable care for Your own safety and that of others in using these areas;
8.9. leave any waste or refuse that is created by storing the Goods. You will be charged the reasonable costs of disposing of such waste or refuse if You fail to comply with this term; or
8.10. connect or provide any utilities or services to the Unit unless authorised in advance in writing by Us.
9. You must (and You shall ensure that anyone authorised by You to use or access the Unit must):-
9.1. use reasonable care when on the Site or in the Unit and take all reasonable care in respect of the Unit, the Site, and the property of Us or any other unit users or other persons on the Site;
9.2. inform Us of any damage or defect to the Unit immediately You become aware of it;
9.3. comply with the reasonable directions of any of Our employees, agents and contractors at the Site and any further regulations for the use safety and security of the Unit and the Site which We may issue from time to time;
9.4. pay for the reasonable cost of repairs to or cleaning of or making good the Unit or the Site as a result of any damage caused by You or anyone authorised by You to access and use the Unit, including but not limited to Your removal, haulage or delivery contractors; and
9.5. submit to Us an inventory of the Goods if We shall request one.
10. This Agreement shall not confer on You any right to exclusive possession of the Unit.
10.1 We may at any time by giving You 14 days’ written notice require You to remove the Goods from the Unit to another unit specified by Us which shall not be smaller than the current Unit.
10.2 We may at any time by giving You notice require You to remove the Goods from the Unit to another unit specified by Us, which shall not be smaller than the current Unit, in the event of a fire or flood or other incident or occurrence at the Site which in Our opinion requires the Unit or any part of the Site to be closed or sealed off.
10.3 We agree to pay Your reasonable costs of removal which have been approved in writing by Us in advance of the removal.
10.4 If You do not arrange the removal of Goods to the alternative unit by the date specified in Our notice, We and Our agents and contractors may enter the Unit and do so. In doing so, We and Our agents and contractors will act as Your agent and the removal will be at Your risk (except for loss or damage caused wilfully or negligently by Us and Our agents and contractors, subject to the aggregate limit of Our liability contained in Condition 19).
10.5 If the Goods are moved to an alternative unit, this Agreement will continue in full force and effect and Our Fees at the rate set out in Our invoices or as subsequently varied in respect of the original Unit will continue to apply to Your use of the alternative unit.
11. You must pay Us Our Fees for the minimum period of storage on signature of this Agreement and for each successive period. You must pay Our Fees on the Due Date. All sums payable to Us under the Agreement will become due immediately upon termination of the Agreement in accordance with Condition 23.
12. We may alter Our Fees at any time by giving You written notice and the new Fees shall take effect on the first Due Date occurring not less than four weeks after the date of Our notice. You may terminate this Agreement without charge at any time before the new Fees take effect by giving notice in accordance with Condition 23.1.
12.1 We may change the price/fees indicated in any quotation (verbal or written) provided by Us or make additional charges due to unforeseen circumstances. These include but are not limited to:
12.1.1. changes to Our costs due to, but not limited to, currency fluctuations, changes in taxation, changes in freight charges, etc;
12.1.2. at Your request, any work is carried out outside normal working hours;
12.1.3. where we are required to collect or deliver Goods above the ground floor or first floor;
12.1.4. organising Your collection of the Goods from our warehouse;
12.1.5. supplying additional services, including, but not limited to, moving or storing extra goods; and for the avoidance of doubt, these Conditions will apply to any additionalservices provided;
12.1.6. where the stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the Goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach, road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or unload within 20 metres of the doorway;
12.1.7. where we are required to pay parking or other fees or charges in order to carry out services on Your behalf;
12.1.8. there are delays or events outside Our reasonable control which increase or extend the resources or time required to complete the services.
12.2 Any quotation provided by Us, unless otherwise stated, does not include customs duties, inspection charges and/or any fees or taxes payable to government bodies.
12.3 Unless otherwise agreed byUs in writing, We will not:
12.3.1 dismantle or assemble units or system furniture (e.g. flat-packs), fitments or fitting;
12.3.2 disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment;
12.3.3 take up or lay fitted floor coverings;
12.3.4 move items from a loft, unless properly lit and floored and where safe access is provided;
12.3.5 collect any Goods which are not boxed in a manner which we or our collection/removal staff in our reasonable opinion deem appropriate.
12.4. You shall only be permitted to store your Goods with us in boxes which we have supplied or, alternatively, in boxes which we have previously approved. Furthermore, it is Your sole responsibility to:
12.4.1. Produce a list or inventory for Your Goods prior to the storage of the Goods. Where We produce a list, an inventory and/or a receipt for your Goods and send this to You, then such list, inventory and/or receipt will be deemed accurate unless you advise us in writing within 5 working days of the date of such document being sent to you that the document contains errors and/or omissions.
12.4.2. Obtain at Your own expense, all documents, permits, permissions, licences, etc, necessary for the collection, storage and delivery of the Goods.
12.4.3. Be present or represented during the collection and delivery of the Goods and check the Goods for damages.
12.4.4. Ensure that the relevant inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets or other relevant documents relating to the collection and/or delivery of Goods are signed by You or Your authorised representatives. For the avoidance of doubt, such signature shall be deemed to be conclusive evidence that We collected or delivered the correct Goods.
12.4.5. Take all reasonable steps to ensure that during the collection of Your Goods all of the subject Goods are collected and that no other goods are taken away in error.
12.4.6. Arrange adequate supervision for Goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as, but not limited to, tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
12.4.7. Provide Us with a valid and up to date address for correspondence and contact name of next of kin during the removal/collection, transit and/or storage of the Goods.
12.4.8. Notify Us immediately in writing of any change of contact details and those of Your next of kin including address, telephone number(s), email address(es), bank details, etc.
12.5. In the event that You postpone or cancel this Agreement, we reserve the right to charge You up to 100% of the price payable under the Agreement, subject to a minimum charge of £60.
13. If You do not pay Our Fees on the Due Date, You must pay Us an administrative charge for late payment which is the larger of 10 per cent of Our Fees or £10.
14. We will not accept that payment has been made until We have received cleared funds. In the event that any cheque or direct debit is dishonoured, We may charge You an administrative charge of £15.
15. Additionally, if You do not pay on time, You must pay Us interest on all amounts overdue for payment from You at the rate of 5% above the base rate of Barclays Bank PLC, calculated from the date when payment becomes due up to and including the date of actual payment including all accrued interest, whether before or after judgment, and whether or not We exercise the right of sale under thisAgreement.
16. We bring to Your attention that We take the issue of Prompt Payment very seriously and have a right of lien. If any sum owing from You to Us under this Agreement or any other agreement between You and Us (in this Condition called “Your Debt”) is not paid when due, then We have the rights set out in this Condition 16. The terms of this Condition are additional to and do not affect any and all rights We may have at common law or otherwise.
16.1. We are entitled to hold on to the Goods until Your Debt has been paid in full and received by Us in cash or by direct debit or, if by cheque, until the cheque has been paid by Your bank.
16.2. We shall be entitled to invoice You and You shall pay Us fees and charges at the same rates as under this Agreement and if this Agreement has been terminated, the relevant rate at which such fees and charges will be payable by You will be the rate which was payable immediately prior to termination.
16.3. You authorise Us:-
16.3.1. to refuse You and Your agents access to the Goods, the Unit and the Site and to install a new lock on the Unit until the outstanding amount has been recovered by Us in full;
16.3.2. to enter the Unit and inspect and remove the Goods to another unit or Site and to charge You for all reasonable Costs incurred by Us in moving and storing Your Goods together with any repeated costs if We reasonably require to move Your Goods at any time afterwards;
16.3.3. to hold onto and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the Goods.
16.4. In the event that You do not pay any of Our Fees or charges and the Goods are left in the Unit, they may be removed and stored in an alternative location at Your sole risk. We exclude any liability in respect of
the Goods when payment of Our Fees or charges is overdue and exclude any duty of care how ever it may arise.
16.5. In the event that Your Debt is not paid promptly or You fail to collect the Goods after We have required You to collect them or upon expiry or termination of this Agreement, We may, subject to Condition 16.7, sell the Goods as if We were the owners and You acknowledge that We will pass all rights of ownership in the Goods to the buyer. We will use the proceeds of sale to pay first the costs incurred by Us in the sale and removal, and second to pay Your Debt. We will hold any balance for You. Interest will not accrue to You on thebalance.
16.6. If the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge all or any part of the costs of sale incurred by Us and Your Debt, You must pay any balance outstanding to Us within seven days of a written demand from Us which will set out the balance remaining due to Us after the net proceeds of sale (if any) have been credited to You. Interest will continue to accrue on Your Debt until payment has been made. We may take action to recover the outstanding amounts including any legal and administration costs that are incurred.
16.7. Before We sell the Goods, We will give You notice in writing by registered or recorded delivery post at Your address on the cover sheet or any other address in the UK notified by You to Us in writing before We send Our notice. If You have not provided Us with an address in the UK We will try to contact You at any address You have previously provided which may include email. Our notice will specify the amount of Your Debt at the date of the notice (and, in Our sole discretion, specifying any amount by which Your Debt is increasing after the date of that notice) and will direct You to pay Us. It will also specify that, if You fail to pay within one month after the date of the notice, We will sell the Goods. We do not agree to give You any further notice of any intended sale.
16.8. We will sell the Goods for the best price reasonably available in the open market, taking into account the costs of sale.
16.9. If the Goods cannot reasonably and economically be sold (for any reason whatsoever), or they remain unsold despite Our efforts, You authorise Us to treat them as abandoned by You and to destroy or otherwise dispose of them at Your cost.
16.10. You shall pay any and all of Our legal costs reasonably incurred in connection with the recovery of any and all sums due under this Agreement where You have failed to pay within the time period stipulated on Our invoices.
17. We do not insure the Goods.
17.1. Storage of Goods in the Unit is at Your sole risk. However, it is a condition of this Licence that Your Goods must remain insured at all times while they are in storage and You must supply Us with evidence of taking out such insurance cover before this contract can be signed.
17.2. You warrant and confirm to Us as follows:
17.2.1. that prior to bringing the Goods onto the Site You have insured the Goods against all Normal Perils under a valid contract of insurance with a reputable insurance company for their full replacement value as new and will not cause or allow that insurance cover to lapse whilst the Goods or any of them remain on the Site; and
17.2.2 that the insurance cover will not be for a sum which is lower than the full replacement value as new of the Goods stored in the Unit from time to time.
17.3. You warrant and confirm to Us further that:
17.3.1. You have written on the cover sheet the full replacement value as new of all the Goods;
17.3.2. the aggregate value of the Goods stored in the Unit from time to time will not exceed that value; and
17.3.3. this warranty is repeated by You to Us at each Due Date.
17.4. We may offer to insure Your Goods on Our Open Cover policy as per the insurance options section in the cover sheet.
17.5. We do not give any advice concerning the insurance cover given by any insurance policy and it is for You to make Your own judgement whether the cover provided is appropriate to cover the Goods and risks to them.
17.6. If You take Your own cover and produce evidence of this to Us, the fact that We inspect any insurance documents does not mean that We have approved the cover or confirmed that it is suitable or sufficient.
17.7. Nothing in this Condition 17 shall make or be deemed to make Us Your agent.
18. If You fail to pay any insurance premium then any insurance cover in respect of the Goods will cease immediately from the date such premium is due.
19. Our Liability
19.1. We exclude all liability in respect of:-
19.1.1. loss or damage relating to Your business, if any, including consequential loss, lost profits or business interruption; and
19.1.2 loss or damage to the Goods caused by Normal Perils, including as a result of negligence by Us, Our agents and/or employees above the sum of
£100 which We consider to be the normal excess on a standard household insurance policy whether or not that policy would cover the Goods.
19.2. We do not exclude liability for physical injury to or the death of any person and which is a direct result of Our negligence or wilful default or that of Our agents and/or employees.
19.3. We do not accept liability for loss of or damage to Goods confiscated, seized, removed, damaged, etc, by customs authorities or other government agencies.
19.4. We do not accept liability for loss of or damage to Goods occurring in certain overseas countries, including Gambia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Libya, Lebanon, Angola, Cambodia, Vietnam, N. Korea and Former States of the USSR. This list is not exhaustive, and We will advise You at the time of quotation if this exclusion applies.
19.5. We will use Our reasonable endeavours to provide You with up to date information to assist You with the import and/or export of Your Goods. Information on such matters as national or regional laws and regulations, which are subject to change and interpretation at any time, is provided in good faith and is based upon existing known circumstances. It is Your responsibility to seek appropriate advice to verify the accuracy of any information provided by Us.
20. You will be liable for and will compensate Us for the full amount of all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred by Us or by any of Our employees or agents or other unit users or persons on the Site which arise out of the use of the Unit or the Site by You or by any of Your employees, agents or persons You invite or authorise to access the Site or the Unit or which arise out of the breach of this Agreement by You.
21. In the event of circumstances which are outside Our reasonable control and their consequences, We do not agree and are not obliged by this Agreement to maintain the safety or security of the Goods, the Unit or the Site in order to keep the Goods free from damage or loss. In certain cases We may not be able to allow You access to the Unit or Site. We shall have no liability under or be considered to be in breach of this Agreement for any delay or failure in performance of Our obligations under this Agreement which results from circumstances beyond Our reasonable control. Such circumstances include any Act of God, riot, strike or lock- out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, shortage of labour, materials or transport, electrical power failures, threat of or actual terrorism or environmental or health emergency or hazard, or entry into any unit including the Unit or the Site by, or arrest or seizure or confiscation of Goods by competent authorities. If this happens, then We will not be responsible for failing to allow access to Your Goods for so long as the circumstances continue. We will try to minimise any effects arising from such circumstances.
22. This Agreement shall expire on the End Date as described in Condition
23. Either You or We may terminate this Agreement:-
23.1. by giving to the other written notice of not less than the required number of Notice Days ending on any Due Date and termination will take effect from that Due Date, which shall be the End Date; or
23.2. if We commit a breach of this Agreement and, if the breach can be put right We do not put it right within 14 days of You notifying Us of the breach, then You may immediately terminate this Agreement by notice in writing to Us;
23.3. if You commit a breach of this Agreement and, if the breach can be put right You do not put it right within 14 days of Us notifying You of the breach, then We may immediately terminate this Agreement by notice in writing to You; or
23.4. In the event that a winding up, bankruptcy, receivership or administrative order or any other insolvency step is taken or made against You, then this Agreement shall be deemed to terminate automatically with immediate effect, subject to our rights under this Agreement, including our rights of lien referred to in this Agreement until all outstanding Fees and charges are paid in full.
24. Immediately on the End Date, You must remove all goods from the Unit and leave the Unit clean and tidy and in the same condition as at the Start Date. If You do not do so, You shall pay Our costs of cleaning the Unit or disposing of any goods or rubbish left in the Unit or on the Site. If You do not make Prompt Payment of Our Fees and any payments due to Us under this Agreement, We are relieved of any duty howsoever arising in respect of the Goods and they are held solely at Your risk. We may treat Goods remaining in the Unit after the End Date as abandoned and may dispose of them in accordance with Conditions 16.4 to 16.10. You will also be responsible for the removal of any rubbish You create during this Agreement or following the End Date and We do not provide waste bins
for Your use. If You leave rubbish on the Site or use Our bins a charge will be applied to Your account for the costs of its removal.
25. If You do not comply with any notice You give Us by removing all Goods from the Unit on the End Date then You will have to give notice again and We shall be entitled to be paid Our Fees for the period to the new End Date.
26. Termination will not affect either Your or Our outstanding rights or duties, including Our right to recover from You any money You owe Us under this Agreement.
27. Where this Agreement has terminated and You have paid more of Our Fees and charges than are due at the Termination Date, We will refund the balance to You after deduction of any payments due to Us. No interest will accrue on any money held by Us for You. Where any payments are still outstanding from You, You must pay Us in full including any outstanding interest before We will release the Goods toYou.
28. You agree to examine the Goods carefully at the time You remove them from the Unit and must tell Us about any loss or damage to the Goods within 7 days of the date of removal.
29. If We decide not to exercise or enforce any right that We have against You at a particular time, then this does not prevent Us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right unless We tell You in writing that We have waived or given up Our ability to do so.
30. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions in this Agreement are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the provision will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
31. We consider this Agreement sets out the whole agreement between You and Us in relation to the grant to You by Us of a licence to use and access the Unit.
32. We may, at any time, modify any of the terms of this Agreement and to change or impose new or additional terms and conditions as long as such modifications and/or additional terms and conditions are notified to You in writing and signed by one of Our directors. None of Our other employees or agents has any authority to vary this Agreement on Our behalf whether orally or in writing or to make any representation of fact that is or may be inconsistent with the terms of this Agreement. If You are notified of any changes and do not take any steps to terminate this Agreement, Your continued use of the Unit will be considered as Your acceptance of and agreement to the amended terms. You may terminate this Agreement without charge at any time before the changes take effect by giving notice in accordance with Condition 23.1.
33. This Agreement is personal to You. You may not assign or transfer any of Your rights under this Agreement or part with possession of the Unit or Goods whilst they are on the Site to any other person, firm or company and a breach of this Condition is a serious breach under Condition 23.3.
34. Subject to the provisions of Condition 35, You agree that it is not intended that anyone other than You and Us will have any rights under this Agreement and accordingly the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this Agreement.
35. We may at any time assign, transfer, charge, sub-contract or deal in any other manner with all or any of Our rights or obligations under this Agreement.
36. This Agreement shall be governed by English law and any dispute or claim that either You or We bring will be decided on the basis of the laws of England and Wales by the Courts of England and Wales.
37. This Agreement shall not create a lease or tenancy or constitute Us as bailees of Goods.
38. Where You are two or more persons Your obligations under this Agreement shall be obligations ofeach of You separately.
39. The following provisions shall apply in relation to notices:-
39.1. Any notices under the Agreement must be in writing and may be given:
39.1.1. to any company which is a party to the Agreement at its registered office or at the address shown on the cover sheet, if different;
39.1.2. to any individual who is a party at the last known address of that individual or at the address shown on the cover sheet, if different; or
39.1.3. in either case, to such other address as may have been notified by that party in writing.
39.2. Any notices under the Agreement will be effectively served:-
39.2.1 on the day of receipt, where delivered by hand or electronic means of communication if received on a working day before or during normal working hours;
39.2.2 on the following working day, where delivered by hand or electronic means of communication if received outside normal working hours; or
39.2.3 on the second working Day following the day of posting from within the United Kingdom, where delivered by first class post or recorded delivery postage prepaid.
40. We collect information about You when You register with Us and throughout the course of this Agreement. This information includes Your Pii (Personal Identifiable Information) and We process Your Pii in accordance with GDPR as detailed on our web site. https://mangologisticsgroup.co.uk/privacy-policy/
40.1. Your Pii will be used for the purposes of this Agreement, processing payments, communicating with You and generally maintaining Your account with Us.
40.2. We may share Your Pii with, and obtain information about You, from credit reference agencies or fraud prevention agencies or trade associations of which We are a member. If You apply to Us for insurance We will pass Your details on to the insurer. The information provided by You may be put onto a register of claims and shared with other insurers to prevent fraudulent claims.
40.3. We will release Your Pii and other account details at any time if We consider in Our sole discretion that such release is appropriate: (a) to comply with the law; (b) to enforce this Agreement; (c) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction; (d) for crime prevention or detection purposes; (e) to protect the safety of any person at the Site, or (f) if We consider the security of the Unit or its contents, or other units at the Site or their contents may be put at risk.
41. Before taking any court proceedings for anything arising out of this Agreement (apart from emergency court proceedings), the complaining party shall inform the other party in writing of the dispute in as much detail as possible and You and We agree to try informal conciliation within twenty business days of the notice of the dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved, You and We agree to use the Centre for Alternative Dispute Solution to try to resolve the dispute amicably by using an Alternative Dispute Resolution procedure before taking any other step. If the dispute is not resolved to mutual satisfaction within 90 days after notice of the dispute has been given, You or We may submit the dispute to the Court. This Condition does not affect the right of either You or Us to terminate this Agreement.